The Bargello Quilt
s***@gmail.com
2017-11-06 19:30:25 UTC
Hello All,
Have any of you make this quilt before? I just got through making a small one for a single bed. In the very near future I want to make two more. These are so striking and colorful. The only down side for me was all that sewing, first to make the strips, tubes,cutting tubes and then sewing it all together seemed like it took forever.
Sandy$
Night Mist
2017-11-07 14:39:41 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Hello All,
Have any of you make this quilt before? I just got through making a small one for a single bed. In the very near future I want to make two more. These are so striking and colorful. The only down side for me was all that sewing, first to make the strips, tubes,cutting tubes and then sewing it all together seemed like it took forever.
Sandy$
I've done a couple of quickie crib quilts with a bargello pattern,
The trick is to draw it out, and then figure out the cutting so you can strip piece it. The method is quite similar to the strip piecing technique for a standard 8 pointed star quilt, but easier since you are not cutting for a million small diamonds.

NightMist
s***@gmail.com
2017-11-11 16:36:20 UTC
Hello Night Mist,
I have a couple of bargello books.
1. Bargello Quilts by Marge Edie

2. More Twist and Turn Bargello Quilts by Eileen Wright

The second one is my favorite and I plan on making two more bigger quilts sometime after the first of 2018. Think I brought both of these books at JoAnn's fabrics. The only down side is all that sewing which is worse than making a string quilt.
Sandy$