Kindred Pinwheel
s***@gmail.com
2017-05-27 15:03:53 UTC
This is my next quilt. Go to the internet and type in www.missouristarquiltco.com Open it, then scroll down to Missouri Star Quilt Co.-You Tube, open this, and at the top where is says "Search" type in Kindred Pinwheel and watch tutorial.

I actually brought all the material to make this quilt which is pretty expensive. I also brought their Loc-block acrylic template 6 1/2 inches square which works great and can be used for half-square triangles which I make a lot of. Pretty expensive $26.50 but well worth it because you have a lot of waste because of the odd shape of the four sections that make up the Kindred Pinwheel block.
The fabric is from Anne of Green Gables which they sell. I could not get the green for the sashing so brought the raspberry instead and I brought the solid cream material from JoAnn's Fabrics. My quilt top will not be as big as what they show on the tutorial.
Note: If you make this block, there is one rule to follow. Alway make sure your print material is on the right side of the pyrimid and also right side of the 2 1/2 x 7 inch rectangle. I found this out trial and error and lots of use of my seam ripper. Laughing here.
Sandy$
s***@gmail.com
2017-06-03 15:11:46 UTC
Have a couple of comments to make about this quilt. They should of spent more time developing the pattern as there is too much waste of background material. The way the pinwheels are made, when you sew them together as blocks, some of your points are actually sewn off when you connect the blocks. Go back and look at the block that Jenny is holding and you will see what I mean.
Sandy$