pencil marks on quilt tops
l***@gmail.com
2017-06-24 20:31:31 UTC
The "Fons & Porter Mechanical Pencil" IS wonderful!! You can get regular or white lead. It has an eraser, on it. I've had mine for years & love it. However; still trying to figure out WHY I grabbed a "Regular Pencil" not even a #2 type,the other day & now have ironed in, very dark, markings on my beautiful Quilt Top.
l***@gmail.com
2017-06-24 21:04:40 UTC
THERE IS HOPE!! I just posted about the Fons&Porter Mecaanical Pencil, that I love & have used for years.Which just gave me an idea;of how to get these dark, ironed on lines, from a pencil, that I'd just grabbed & used, w/o thinking the other day. I just went in & tried the ERASER,from my Fons&Porter Mechanical Pencil. IT WORKED!!! ENTIRELY ON SOME MARKS. Not entirely,on all marks but it made marks SO MUCH LIGHTER, than they were.I now know that I can get these marks out!!
lisaak77@gmail.com
2017-10-13 22:47:25 UTC
How do you remove pencil lines on a quilt top (fabric white on white). I
tried Harriet Hargraves recipe, 1 part rubbing alcohol to 3 parts water
with a couple drops of palmolive, and it's not working. Is this a common
problem? Thanks Carole
I tried everything I could find on the internet and even sent off for some Marking Pencil Remover (Quilter's Rule Int'l). Nothing worked. Then I tried using Fels Naphtha that I got at the grocery store in the laundry aisle. I wetted the quilt and rubbed the bar of Fels Naphtha over the marks. Then I washed the quilt in my washing machine. The marks were totally gone. I was happily amazed.